Monday, November 12, 2007

United Colors

I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves United Colors of Benetton's ads, especially the recent ones that are saturated with color. My first memory of Benetton is visiting one of their stores in Italy on an eighth grade trip and thinking, "So this is why Italians are so well dressed."

Here in the states the United Colors of Benetton stores play it safe for their American customers with v-neck sweaters and leather belts. Until I visited the website, I had no idea the collections were so versatile.

FYI: Fabrica is Benetton's center for design research.

If you have a chance, check out Benetton Talk - the store's very own blog. Reading it makes you feel fashionable, environmentally friendly and worldly.

C.L.

4 comments:

Eli said...

We have one of their outlets here in Las Vegas, they have the strangest things there. But, I remember the store being more original before.

Lynn said...

I've always had a soft spot for Benetton. In '98 I was assigned to do some work for its Playlife team (motor racing) and was dressed in their outfit and one of the founders' son came up to us and we had a delightful conversation (I was too awestruck that i managed to forget his name, bummer). He pointed that the outfits I had on was from their Spring-Summer Benetton Playlife 98 collection and I just went "Heheheheeee....". I'm blushing just thinking of it.

In Malaysia, Benetton is one of the highstreet brands and their collection here is quite neat - and 'spensive!

Vintage Bunny said...

I loved seeing the ads for bennetton when I was growing up in India.It was too expensive to buy but now I can and i love it!

Anonymous said...

I remember loving the diversity of the ads when I was growing up, especially the one of a freckled multiracial girl who I completely over-identified with.

These seem to downplay that angle, which is fine--ad campaigns have to be retired at some point. I really love them, the colors, the exhuberance--makes me wish the stores looked like this, too.