Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Mini Selby Tribute

The Selby is really one of our favorite places to visit for inspiration (see AsianCajun tribute here): getting a glimpse into other people's homes and their methods of nesting are really fascinating to us.

These are just a few quick shots around my room (Cath's is much more organized and orderly). Much of the bric-a-brac are photos/drawings I've done. The rest are books and second-hand odds and ends I've picked up along the way or have been given.






Doe anyone recognize the movie paused on my Mac in the middle photo (hint: it's not Arial)?

LL

17 comments:

kokostiletto said...

ooooh i like your plant! it looks like a peacock feather!

Lisa said...

Your living space looks so cozy! Based on your hint, I'm guessing the film is Helvetica?

Unknown said...

ooh i adore your room!! it has great personality with all of the collectibles and especially the way it's organized.

Sharon S said...

Hi there-i love your room, very personalized and stylish!

Songy said...

I love your hat stand. How cool is that thing!

saray said...

Love the tribute to the selby that you made!

Ace said...

I have the same freaking blue fan! Where did you get it?!

Tabitha said...

I love the color combos and personal touches to your room! Looks great

Anonymous said...

Helvetica, that's a great documentary.

Anonymous said...

I love font humor. Seriously. And I second Songy: That hat stand is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

You got me on the movie...

Jill said...

You two are so neat! It makes me blush to think of the current state of my room!

Fashion Tidbits said...

thanks for sharing pics

TheSundayBest said...

David Carson is an incredibly talented doink.

Elizabeth said...

^^Just as D.C. hit it big, he interviewed me/reviewed my (then very beginner's) portfolio in his living room. This was after "Beach Culture," way back in the '90s. He was really flipping everyone out with his rule-breaking.

I love the way you've done your room. The colors are soft, and the things you have look personal, even though they might be second-hand.

Unknown said...

Ahhh your room is so so cute! Also, I've been meaning to make a follow-up post for the award you guys gave me. I've been more or less homeless for the past two weeks and blogging is hard.

Clare said...

this room is just lovely. There is a perfect balance of comfort and style. Def. domino worthy. ;)