Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thao and the Get Down Stay Down

Photobucket

We've been fans of Thao for a while now. Her songs make me unaccountable happy whenever I hear them. And guess what we get to do tonight?! Yep! See Thao and her fantastic band at the Earl!
Apart from her unique/genius lyrics and beat, we love Thao (et. al) because she seems like the most laid back, down-to-earth creative person we (don't really) know. She doesn't seem to wear make-up and always looks completely comfortable in her own skin.
If you are Thao newbies, do check out her video below. You'll feel giddy and be smitten just like us:



ps- And for you fashionistas out there, don't you just love her laid-back style?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photos courtesy of: lostateminor.com, radio.utdallas.edu, cableandtweed.blogspot.com, songoftheday.blogspot.com, sixeyes.com

LL

22 comments:

Wendy said...

I like how her voice is so powerful. Sweet music video too.

Russ said...

we play this cd at wordsmiths allllll the time:)

Cammila said...

Wow, I love her style -- her music as well as her fashion sense. Thanks for highlighting her, I'm always looking for happy music (I hate the sad bastard crap that seems to be so popular).

yiqin; said...

I am going to listen to her now! I always admirepeople who can pull off the laidback style!

Terren said...

she's a great example of a person who's looks don't match the voice (coming from a person who gets that all the time).

it's lovely. thanks for sharing ladies!

Sharon S said...

It's amazing how pretty people are without makeup! Hope you had a good evening!!

L.I.N said...

oh wow. her music is soo cheery! im definitely adding this to my playlist! thanks for the heads up!!

prettygeeky.com said...

Very distinct voice and the song is quite interesting, I even listened to it til the end. =D

Cute outfit she's wearing, which reminds me I've always wanted a purple scarf. =d

Anonymous said...

I think I held the door open for her yesterday when we were touring Paste Magazine. Enjoy the show!

Anonymous said...

Seconding that the concert was amazing - I ended up buying a CD after the show and I've been playing it in the shop today. I can't get enough.

My Taste Of Honey said...

VEry nice:)

KATLIN said...

I love her voice! Thanks for sharing this! :)

..... said...

wicked voice !! wow !!

beccaweber said...

i love it! wish i'd seen this earlier. what did she wear for the show?

ediot said...

i love these pics. very inspirational- the first one is brilliant!

ryder said...

Just stumbled on your blog...you two are adorable and I love your subject matter. Looking forward to more!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to add her to my 'to download' list.

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

her voice..so good!!im going to download her songs..yeay!

saray said...

I never heard of her before...

Diana Rikasari said...

your blog feels...warm. definitely linking you on mine :)

Elizabeth said...

Never heard of her before now, but I see what you mean. The music is really upbeat. It sounds like she's got a lot of 'voice' inside her!

Nicole Then said...

she's cool, thank you so much for sharing!