Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall 07 Magazine Inspiration

I really don't know what I would do without magazines - monthly publications chock-a-block full of engaging articles and glossy images. I read my fair share of "weighty" magazines (The Economist, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair) and other types (Dwell, Domino, How, Print, Nylon, Paste), but for the most part, it's the fashion magazines (American Vogue, British Vogue, Elle, British Elle, Marie Claire, Teen Vogue, Lucky, Bazaar) that I find myself looking at again and again. I love the creativity behind all the fashion spreads and never cease to be inspired by them.

Below are a few images that are going on my inspiration board for this season.

Thanks to Marc Jacobs, hats of every shape and size are back in style. The hats in the images below aren't my favorite, but I really like how much character they can add to an outfit.


The rocker-chic look never seems to go out of style - it just evolves. I like the high-waisted jeans on Charlotte Gainsbourg and the over-the-knee boots on Corinne Lee of Snowden.


Skinny jeans have gotten a bad rap lately, but I'm still a fan of them - especially pared with an over-sized coat. Skinny pants and an over-sized jacket are going on my shopping list for the fall. And both these items will be purchased once I get my next paycheck...maybe...unless something else catches my eye in latest issue of Elle - or Vogue, or Bazaar, or Marie Claire, or...


CL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love magazines too!
but i only buy 2: one of mexican fashion-or-so and another of interior design... that´s all i can keep in my room...
i have never buy a vogue... i guess that because of my "witch" side... je

and i´m also a fan of skinny jeans no matter what!

Romeika said...

Hi! I've just found your blog checking google analytics, and as i can see you've linked my page here, thanks! ^^

You read a lot of magazines, so cool. It used to be a time i bought many of these magazines as well, but the prices can be crazy if you're living outside US (i still lived in Brazil at that time). I adore this hat trend as well, now it's much easier to find hats and besides, i feel more comfortable wearing them these days, as for now it's considered "normal".

Back in my hometown people would stare at me like if i was a circus freak!

Mare said...

I think the magazine thing runs in the family...and I love skinny jeans as well. I think they look great with lots of things, but I wear them with a pretty (and a bit on the long side) camisole, jacket, and heels. I like the long lean line they create.

AsianCajuns said...

Yea for skinny jeans!
Key, which Mexican mags do you like? I think Cath and I need to think more globally ;)
Romeika- yes, we love your blog! International magazines can be crazy-expensive. We justify it because it is our substance abuse, and subsequently cheaper than alcohol, etc.
Aunt Mare, you are totally right... we all have the magazine gene (didn't Meme have a collection of Architectual Digests and Ws?)