Thursday, October 25, 2007

Springtime for Target

Erin Featherston will be the last Go International Designer for Target in 2007 and Jovovich-Hawk is slated to release their Go line in the spring of '08. I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed with the line-up. As much as I admire the Jovovich-Hawk collections, they have that same super-feminine, frilly style that Featherston, Alice Temperly, Patrick Robinson and Tara Jarmon favor - and it doesn't translate well for the mass market. I've had enough with the light, airy, puckered-seam silk blouses that the Go lines seem to be filled with and am ready for a stronger, darker and more structured collection.

However, the lookbook for the Jovovich-Hawk Target collaboration isn't out yet, so I could be pleasantly surprised. Here are some looks I like from their past RTW collections:

Fall 07 RTW

Spring 08 RTW
CL

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Maybe Jovovich's designing was influenced by the styling of MANGO where she used to be the face of for a few seasons before the Cruz sisters were signed on. I personally think that the frilly, light material suits me fine because I live in a sunny place, but for those who have to move on with the seasons, then the style of spring-summer need to move on too. It's just not that suitable to be put up to use, unless one likes layer and layer to the point of being as big as santa!

AsianCajuns said...

You're so right! I forgot that she was the face of MANGO. Hopefully Jovovich-Hawke will have some good winter versions of their line!

Anonymous said...

I like the past season...they both know a lot about fashion and the do their thing so well.

I´m looking foward to next one.
We need something diferent to boho nowdays!