Monday, March 2, 2009

Alexander Wang-y


Just like most fashion bloggers, Cath and I have drooled over all things Alexander Wang for the past three season. Most of his trends aren't our personal style, but it doesn't mean we don't have delusions of wearing black mesh and oversized tees and sweaters everyday.

This brings me to The Backpack.

I was trolling around Urban yesterday (another tumble from the recessionista bandwagon indeed), and I spotted IT. I didn't realize it was a backpack, just that it was big and smushy with zippers. In short, everything a perfect bag should be. Upon closer inspection I noticed its similarities to Mr. Wang's backpack- but even better! For starters, it's still fairly wallet-friendly (if anything still is- gulp!). The U.O. version also has thicker (i.e. friendlier) straps- helpful to fellow book-luggers.

For those of you who also have dreams of Alexander Wang tee-filled closets, but can't foot the hundreds of dollars- make due with Wang-esque accessory in the form of a practical, roomy backpack. Pick it up here.

LL

28 comments:

WendyB said...

Good find! Like the zippers.

Anonymous said...

What a score!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-oh yes, a fabulous find, well done!

greenjeans said...

That bag is pretty sweet...you could lug around a ton of books in it!

Unknown said...

Hmmm. An oversized tee on me just looks like an oversized tee. But this backpack iks a real score. Good bargain hunting.

Lainey said...

thanks for the tip, I'm so picking that up!

First Lady of MADE said...

what a great wang-y find! thanks for sharing :)

Lesley said...

Love it! Urban Outfitters wins again!

Lisa said...

Great find! Practical and stylish to boot. :)

Mom Fashion World said...

lucky you.
it was a heavent sent since you were longing for any A. Wang's collection.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That bag is awesome! I must admit I am rather hooked on my canvas backpack right now, I can lug so much junk around!

this wheel's on fire said...

oh i LOVE it!

TheSundayBest said...

The economy is hurting, but that bag is...uh...something that rhymes with hurting.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Big and Smushy are perfect words to describe it--fabulous!!!

K8 said...

Lovely bag!

Emz said...

Wow that's such a cute bag! I still lug around a huge jansport when I have too much stuff to carry

Secretista said...

Saweet!

phamzy said...

good, good find! i like it!

~ Faith said...

I need one of these in my life.

~Faith

May Kasahara said...

it's so excellent

Songy said...

Cool bag! I have a similar bag but doesn't convert into a backpack. That will be a perfect bag for your camera. I don't use camera bags.

Read this for your D40.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40/users-guide/index.htm

Songy said...

another thing for your D40 (and any other DX cameras for that matter) the only lens you will ever need is this one. Save and buy this.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18200.htm

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Love your bag! Urbanoutfitters is truly a heaven for people with great eye for sytle!

Anonymous said...

I love your backpack! I got one myself, although without the zippers, in a small store in göttingen that specializes in luggage. It is 100% leather, huge and with paisley patterned lining. I must say I can't wait for uni to start again =P

http://labelleetlaitgirl.wordpress.com

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

I went to UO for the first time ever last week and I loved it. Cute backpack

Unknown said...

oooh i like it!! could be the perfect bag for my upcoming trip :)

KATLIN said...

Oooh, me likey! What is the fabric? Whenever I buy leatherish bags they tend to rip the straps... but that probably has to do with me carrying my life in bag. haha.

Unknown said...

oh the bag is awesome!

my roomate is THRILLED with her panda bag!
she just LOVE it
hkpanda.freetzi.com