Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home



Hi Lovely Readers!

We apologize for our brief hiatus. Cath and I are in North Potomac, Maryland (our true hometown), helping our parents pack up our childhood home so that they can move down and join us in our current "hometown" of Decatur, Georgia.

You've heard us oooh and ahhh over Decatur/Atlanta and all it has to offer, but we've never really called attention to our mid-Atlantic roots. North Potomac is as burb-y as it gets (we're about 25 minutes from Washington D.C.)- it certainly lacks charm and it can be pretentious at times, but this will always feel like home.

We've been packing around the clock and attempting not to get nostalgic and weepy-eyed about old baby clothes or art projects (finger painting and stick figures, anyone?).

Luckily we haven't had much free time because of moving stress, but we wish we could invite you all over (not to take advantage of your strong muscles and packing skills- oh no, no, no), but to check out our mom's gorgeous garden and have some of her gumbo.

Okay... back to packing and good-bye-ing. We'll be back blogging by the weekend!

xxoo,
The AsianCajuns

22 comments:

Dream Sequins said...

That's such a sweet snapshot of your home. Must have been an idyllic childhood lounging on that wraparound porch!

kittenmasks said...

ahhhh! i remember you talking about getting your parents to come down. welcome to the cult - mwahahaha
wait, does this mean you're going to miss junot diaz reading from "the brief wondrous life of oscar wao" tomorrow??? he's even going to be at your alma mater!

Nia said...

I've really been enjoying your blog. I'm from Boston but grew up in Decatur (I went to Marist) and it's great that you guys are repping Decatur so well. Also, thanks for the post on the JC shoes at Free People. I did a post on them myself- they are amazing! I haven't been back in a while, any cool boutiques in Little Five Points? That was the spot back in the day!

E. said...

Oooh, I think pictures of old art projects are in order. I'm pretty sure my parents threw out all of my old things (we moved quite a lot), so it's sweet that yours still held on to everything! :)

beccaweber said...

i know it's sad to leave a childhood home behind, but i'm sort of vacariously thrilled that your parents are about to fall in love with the decatur we all keep in our hearts!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

indigotangerine said...

I can't imagine if my parents moved once I leave. I probably wouldn't be able to handle it. Though looking through old art is always fun.
-indigo

Mom Fashion World said...

i always feel good remembering childhood memories.
the garden will look more beautiful when there are flowers around.


http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Noormol said...

what a lovely house to grow up in! I know its mid-atlantic but it still looks southern to me...

Unknown said...

you guys grew up in the epitome of the american house!
how cute!!

Anonymous said...

Bye, old house!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

What a great house and a pretty garden you have! I'm sure your parents will love being with you guys! :-)

Sharon S said...

Hi there-best of luck for the move everyone!!

June Shin said...

That's so great that your parents are moving down here!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the big move! Hope those 'rents make it south without a hitch.

Unknown said...

Hah, you should post some pictures of your funny old art projects. And I wish I could eat some delicious gumbo right about now, it is cold and rainy in the A... good thing your mom's gumbo is coming my way!! :~)

Aline said...

what a beautiful home...good luck with all the packing!

Lisa said...

Wow, good luck with the big move!

Melanie said...

Pretty shot of your house! I went to the University of Maryland so I've heard all about your hometown!
http://www.wreckedstellar.wordpress.com

Alya said...

It's beautiful! I would be teary eyed if I had to leave that home too. In fact I would be blubbering!

ediot said...

such a nice house!

花蓮民宿 said...

花蓮入口網|花蓮|花蓮民宿|花蓮美食|花蓮消費券|花蓮旅遊|花蓮|花蓮電影|花蓮|花蓮民宿|花蓮海洋公園|花蓮縣長|花蓮遠來飯店|花蓮提拉米蘇|花蓮客運|蜂蜜|花蓮太魯閣|花蓮廣告|花蓮地圖|花蓮旅遊|花蓮民宿|花蓮房屋|花蓮民宿|花蓮汽車|花蓮餐廳|花蓮旅館|花蓮瑞穗牧場|花蓮名產|花蓮民宿|花蓮租屋|花蓮理想大地|花蓮民宿|花蓮廣告|花蓮黃頁 網路電話簿|花蓮計程車|花蓮餐廳|花蓮租車旅遊網|花蓮入口網|花蓮旅遊|花蓮|花蓮|花蓮|花蓮|花蓮|花蓮

Christina said...

I grew up in North Potomac, too! Your picture brings back memories of my childhood.