Thursday, October 16, 2008

Runway Preview

Hello all! Apologies for the slight delay in blogging. We have two excuses for being AWOL. One, it's been an incredibly busy week for both of us (all this debate-watching, fashion show-ing has taken time away from blogging). And two, we've been trying to be more frugal - thanks to the economy going to pot - and frugality is time consuming (staying in to eat means taking time out to cook and clean, packing lunch means more time grocery shopping and preparing, not going to the dry cleaners means more time doing laundry. . . you get the idea).

Anywho, on to the fun stuff. As mentioned in a previous post, we were invited to be models in the Citysearch Fade into Fashion event Tuesday evening. Photos of our actual outfits from Meringue Boutique are on their way, but here are some teaser images:

These photos are deceiving because it looks like we're use to getting our makeup done for us. In fact I had no idea what the hell I was doing. I kept opening my eyes when I wasn't suppose to and I couldn't keep a consistent smile while the blush was being applied.


My hair was hairsprayed to death, but it still wouldn't hold, so I wore the hair clips up until the last minute. Lyle was a very patient makeup artist. I believe he is laughing at my face in photo below. . .hmmmm...


Even with getting our hair and make-up done and being able to wear fantastic clothes, the best part of the evening was seeing all the lovely peeps we've met through this blog. Tiffany Davis, editor of Atlanta's Daily Candy, was a fellow model and looked smashing in her outfit. I spotted June and Leila while teetering around on the runway. And we finally got to meet Jinah from Bonjour it's Jinah! (see image below).



More photos from the event to come!

CL

31 comments:

Stephanie said...

Everyone looks adorbs!

Elizabeth said...

Golly what fun! I can't wait to see what comes next.

Cammila said...

How fun! I always twitch and freak out when somebody tries to do my eye makeup.

I can't want to see the rest of the pics!

Danika said...

Oh you guys are so pretty! I'm glad you had a good time.

I've put a moratorium on eating out for my boyfriend and I, so I've been doing a lot of cooking lately too. It's so time consuming, I'm starting to realize why we ate out so much- at this very moment I'm cooking lentil soup and biscuits. Bravo on trying to be more frugal though!

AsianCajuns said...

Thanks Stephanie!

Enc, just you wait ;) !

Cammila, I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's been so long since someone has done my makeup that it just felt really strange.

Muriel, bravo to you too! I just finished washing the dinner dishes. Takes forever - at least it feels like it!

JuliaFuentes said...

it looks so fun

Annie Spandex said...

Wow, what fun! You guys look great!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

"cheeeseee..." You ladies have such great smiles... looking gorgeousss!!

KATLIN said...

Those boots are amazing!!!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-you all look so gorgeous and fabulous, what a great time you all had!!

Songy said...

How fun! Getting made up by a pro. I haven't done that for a while.

I'm looking at the boots. I saw them before. They are very handsome!

Hannah said...

Hi Ladies!

I love love your blog! My name is Hannah Huffines and I represent Concentrics Restaurants and the soon to launch Whynatte Latte. I would love to include you on the invite list for the November 13th sneak taste media event for Whynatte. What email address would you prefer I send the invite to? Shoot me an email!

Cheers,
Hannah Huffines
hannah@whynatte.com

Angela said...

you two look so beautiful.....

Anonymous said...

You guys look fabulous! It looks like so much fun!

mermer said...

hey guys, love the red lips! anyway, I've been AWOL for 2 months bc of the campaign!! I need a twin to help blog too!! =)

anyway, one of my friends is running for city council next year, and he's looking for artists to do a cool t-shirt for his campaign. I just blogged about it here, and I was thinking you might have some designers in mind. does esperanza do political stuff, do you know?

anyway, thanks in advance!

cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Eeeee how exciting! Can't wait to see more pix.

theleila said...

was great seeing y'all do your little turn on the catwalk - you both looked fab!

Anonymous social worker said...

you too look fab.
keep them coming.

Susana Rodrigues said...

you girls look so fabulous!! how cool to participate in a fashion show :)
i've once participated in a tv show for "guess" (where we had to dance around in a club while wearing guess clothes!) it was also fun :)

dedemetal said...

Hi this is Deirdre at Lucky magazine- please shoot me an email:

deirdre_sullivan@condenast.com

we love your style!

Ashleigh said...

awesome....and those boots ..last pic..YUMS

LizBlair said...

You guys are my kind of people - never let the poor economy ruin your fun! I have also been cooking more at home lately in order to try to make ends meet.

I must tell you though, every cloud does have a silver lining. A few months ago I started realizing that my faculty salary was not keeping up with the costs of living and I knew I had to do something about it. I borrowed some money from my retirement account in order to buy rental property and i think it was a good decision. Although the business has just about broken even in the first year, I can see it as something that will continue to grow more profitable in the future. I've also become closer to my dad, because we are planning to buy some houses together for the first time.

AsianCajuns said...

Hannah, Whynatte Latte sounds great. Be on the look out for an email from us!

Hi Deirdre, I just emailed you! We love Lucky Magazine!

Hi Mermer, I think Esperanza would be an awesome fit. I'll leave a comment on your blog with some more ideas!

the stiletto effect, that sounds like so much fun!

Liz Blair, way to go you! It's so great to hear something positive!

this wheel's on fire said...

you both look great! sounds very fun ;)

Blicious said...

wow!! you all look great!

Secretista said...

Perty ladies :).

simimoon said...

how fun!!

ps, the boots in thel ast pic are amazing!

Unknown said...

you guys look fantastic doing your supermodel things! the orange cowl neck dress and boots is very mod and the blue tank and jeans is very chic! hope you both had fun.

I am Fashaholic said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING!!! so chic!!

Anonymous said...

huge gasp ... I am on the hunt for an orange dress. I will have those boots too ... what a gorgeous outfit!

kokostiletto said...

gorgeous gals! i can't wait to have my half asian babies :) i am so putting them in modelling school