Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Clermont Hotel Design Competition and Party!


photo by Andy J Scott

We hope all of you can join us and the Whynatte crew at The Clermont Lounge on Thursday night! (Non-locals, we are hard at work at that teleportation device). Gene Kansas (property developer of The Clermont) is throwing a party in hopes to save this Atlanta institution. Gene sent out a call to all architects, creatives geniuses, bell hops, butlers, etc. to redesign a room, the lobby and/or the roof of The Clermont hotel. The design winners are to be announced at the party. Read the invite below- sounds pretty sweet, no?





For those of you not familiar with The Clermont Lounge, let's catch you up. It's Atlanta's longest continually running strip club. Now, before you get too skeeved-out (completely understandable- the AsianCajuns don't usual advertise for such things), The Clermont is a different beast than what you have in mind. The stripers are a more mature set and don't exactly look like your run-of-the-mill pole dancer (we think). It's safe to say that generally Cath and I would stay away from even kitschy strip joints, but when it involves a design competition and cocktails mixed by our favorite people- well, we can't pass it up.

Not really into design competitions and kitschy strip clubs that hold dance parties? Well, do you guys remember us swooning over that caffeinated coffee drink Whynatte last year (see this post)? If you have yet to try this, we think you should hightail down to the Clermont for that reason alone: drinking Whynatte.

Local bloggers, please let us know if you will be there- we'd love to meet up!


photo by Andy J Scott

This is the event we alluded to a few post back. We thought we would share a few more of Andy J Scott's photos of us. He's good. Real good. Check out his other work here if you haven't already. Thanks again, Andy!


photo by Andy J Scott

Down below is my redesign of the Clermont lobby. I'm good, aren't I?

photo courtesy of the New York Times

Wait, you say it looks a lot like Julian Schnabel's redesign of Gramercy Park Hotel in New York circa 2006? For shame! He got all of his genius ideas from me...
In all seriousness, if I were fabulously wealthy and owned the Clermont, I would have Mr. Schnabel fly down to Atlanta in his pajamas and have his way with the hotel.

See you Thursday!

LL

34 comments:

Lain said...

The first picture of y'all is just the right mixture of seedy and beautiful. Good work, team.

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

Awesome photos! The redecorating looks great :) If you find a teleport let me know! ;)

~ Faith said...

This makes me wish I lived somewhere close... *sigh* looks like I'll just have to live vicariously through you!

~Faith

indigotangerine said...

those pictures of you two are amazing! like seriously, it looks like you two are hosting a reality show. Or are on a advertisement for something.
-indigo

Lainey said...

oh my goodness wow! You two look absolutely stunning. Great legs!!

Polished Sense said...

I love this photo session. Love how one is in purple shorts and one is in pink shorts. Are you a twin? Or is that some fabulous photoshop work? Either way, great photos!

xo,
Jessica

. said...

Too cute! Love both of your shorts colors.

Noormol said...

you girls look great! colored shorts never looked so fierce!

Zara said...

Yes yes yes yesss I LOVE the outfits. Fabulous legs on show :) Wish I was around to check it out! xoxo

Ashley said...

Love these pictures of you both! You look incredible, per usual :) I will try to stop by so long as I get off work at a reasonable hour. I'll call you if I'm headed that way!

Ela said...

You guys look amazing!
Hey, sexy...LOL, is that how all invites open now? Love it. Have fun you guys!!!

Kb_Mal said...

Wow. The photos turned out amazing. Love the lighting. Again, you ladies look fab!

Anonymous said...

Hurry UP with the teleportation device, will ya? I've got my outfit all planned out!

Ace said...

Awwww look at you twinsies! You look gorgeous. Hurry up with that teleportation device, I want to go!

Danielle said...

Wish I could go but I'll be out of town. U guys look FABULOUS!!

Unknown said...

you both look fabulous in those photos. definitely sounds like an event i'd go to in my area. have fun, can't wait to get the deets!

greenjeans said...

Wow old strip clubs and neon signs? Sounds like a good time. I think I just sounded like such a creeper...

anywho, great photos. Can't wait for the teleporter.

Ela said...

Just read your comment, thank for voting you guys :) I look like hot mess (minus the hot) I thought we had to get 'creative' lol, I think I should've left it to the pros :) xx

Aline said...

first of all, you girls look amazing in those photos!

that sounds like so much fun!

Tabitha said...

OMG love love love the pictures of you guys. And your shorts are hot! My friend and I just got her a pair of yellow denim shorts at the Levi's store for $14!!!!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Both of you look amazing! Gosh, those legs! I love your redesign! It looks so modern and elegant! xxoxoxo

The Queen of Hearts said...

I remember coming across this blog ages ago when you guys first moved south and loving it. I am so glad I came across it again.

Katie said...

LOVE these pictures- my favorites on the site yet! Good God I wish I had your legs :)

Anonymous said...

Your Mama says, lovely pixs, girls, and my, my, don't you both look so tall. (Although, the thought of my girls, in what I would refer to as short-shorts, at a strip joint, under neon lights, at night, has most decidedly brought out the smelling salts.

But,if you do have any pull with Mr. Schnabel and he is in Atlanta ask him to get his pajama clad self over to our new house and help out. If he's up to the challenge and all.

The Buxom and The Beautiful said...

You two are gunning for the Olsen twins aren't you? I love it!

LF said...

yesss! see you tomorroww!

jess s///

Kristin said...

Your photos look great! And I think it's awesome about the Clermont Lounge! I've actually never been (is that a shame or what?!) but I'm big fan of saving places, etc.

Anonymous said...

u guys look great!!!

http://anhesty.blogspot.com

modediktat said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!
The pictures are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!!!
And hellooooooooo - now I've catched it: You're twins like Becs and Mel - soooo fantastic!
Will add you to my blog roll today, too!
xoxo, Sofie

Kat said...

Love the colored shorts on you! Great photos.

Anonymous said...

Hott pics of you ladies!! These are really fabulous! Love the purple and pink shorts with the crisp blouses!

xo, Becs

em said...

You girls look hot, hot, hot! So leggy, & I bet you're tiny! I need to visit Decatur.

Fashion Is Poison said...

you girls look incredible!

xx

Unknown said...

I got your note about this event a couple days ago but the invite was lost in the haze of moving! It sounds like you ladies have been busy! xo