Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Paris Flea comes to the Swan Coach House

At first glance the title of this post really doesn't make much sense - especially for non-Atlantans. Let me explain. Pictured above is the historic Atlanta landmark know as The Swan House and part of the Atlanta History Center. The Swan Coach House is the former carriage house of the Swan House that was turned into a tea house/gift shop/gallery a couple of decades ago.

Every year the Swan Coach House hosts Atlanta's Paris Flea, a giant upscale market filled with clothing, furniture, trinkets and books donated by Atlanta's have-mores. Word on the street is that someone found a Chanel suit in mint condition there for $100!!! I can't believe I've never been to this market.

This year it's taking place on September 21, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and September 22, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. I can hardly wait!

CL

4 comments:

Frasier said...

Putting it on my calendar!

Eli said...

Im so sad there arent any large scale flea markets in las vegas. and i just missed the big one in california :(

mermer said...

wow thanks for the tip!

Stylecoach said...

I thought that this blog is a new one. Because of the date given by the blogger. I thought that its for the future. But anyway its a beautiful and the very famous swan coach house.