Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Internet Window Shopping

In honor of the new year I'm trying to be more fiscally responsible. It's a trite resolution, but necessary. Unfortunately I'm already getting antsy to shop - I haven't even bought a fashion magazine since the beginning of the new year! So I decided to do some internet window shopping to get actual shopping out of my head. It sounds counterintuitive, but so far it's working.

Here's my window shopping outfit:

T-Shirt from Urban Outfitters. I love the deep v-neck/casual material mix.
Belt from Gap.
Sweater by Twelve by Twelve. A short sleeve, over-sized sweater is on the top of my spring shopping list.
Skirt from Old Navy.
Purse from Shop Suey. Once I break down and decide to go actual shopping, I'm going to buy this Prada-inspired bag.
Bracelet from Asos. I have a lot of chunky gold jewelry, but no silver.
Shoes by Loeffler Randall at Target.

C.L.

6 comments:

kokostiletto said...

I LOVE that sweater from twelve by twelve - i think you should get it first!

Anonymous said...

i have a grey skirt similiar to that... i never try it with something blue... quite cool!

Unknown said...

Ah, you've so pegged my uniform! A t-shirt tucked into a high waist skirt, a vintage belt, a sweater, and flats!

Vintage Bunny said...

I need to make some resolutions about not shopping too!
I went to Kohls the other day and felt like a traitor !!!Like I was cheating on you guys!!!

AsianCajuns said...

Bitterbabe, I totally agree - especially because it's super cheap.

Key, I would love to see what you come up with.

Heather, where do you buy your high waisted skirts?

Vintage Bunny, you are too funny! Don't worry, I won't hold your trip to Kohls against you - at least not this time ;).

Unknown said...

I had to laugh when you said you were resolving to cut back on fashion expenditures because EA and I did the same thing a while back. We didn't renew our Vogue subscription because it seemed like we only got an issue every other month anyway (either a neighbor was stealing them or the mailman just thought they were too heavy). Now I just get my fashion coverage through the runway shows on style.com and the NY Times blogs (On the Runway and The Moment), which are pretty excellent. It also made it a little easier to cut back when Zara opened and offered some affordable interpretations of more expensive designs.

BTW, thanks for linking to our blog, Around Midtown!

-Pat