Sunday, January 11, 2009

We Met Eddie Ross!

Photobucket

This Saturday, our lovely friend Amelia (of The Wren's Nest) and I went to Scott's Antique Market, just south of Atlanta. Sadly, Cath had to stay home and fend off yet another cold- boo.

Scott's is open one weekend every month, but this month Eddie Ross (former Martha Stewart editor, Top Design contestant, and brilliant blogger) happened to be leading a group of avid antiquers. Whilst browsing the hundreds of booths and trying on the largest accessories ever designed (see the clip-on earring below), Amelia and I ran into Eddie (and Kerry of Top Design!). Okay, not so much "ran into," but covertly followed him until I worked up the courage to ask him for a photo.

Our mom showed us Eddie's blog a few weeks ago (she's been a fan since the beginning). It's a font of creative ideas and generous design advice- we love it! If you haven't read his blog yet, go do it now- here.


Photobucket

LL

25 comments:

this wheel's on fire said...

Wow that's so fun!! Great pictures :)
p.s. hope Cath is feeling better!!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Look at you! Meeting all the big names. :)

Allie said...

How exciting!

Tabitha said...

Oooh fun and great pics!!!

ThePeachTree said...

Okay, big ol' H o t on the earrings! Great blog!

Lisa said...

Oohh that place looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

Holy crap, this scott antique market sounds freaking awesome!!! Is it fairly priced? Oh I so want to go!
Off to check out Eddie Ross's blog.

Shelly's Style Shop said...

Great pics! Sounds exciting!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-wow, how exciting for you!

Anonymous said...

How thrilling! And eesh, those ARE the biggest earrings in the universe. They could double as door-knockers.

June Shin said...

Well, huge earrings are the thing for spring! I should check out the Scott Antiques market next month. Love looking at all that old stuff!

Victory Bird said...

Um awesome! We were at Scott's on Saturday morning too! Wish we had gotten to meet Eddie Ross though:)

Syed said...

Ooo how fun!!! And omg, all those things look so interesting, I could spend my entire day just looking through it all!

Anonymous said...

The background of that first shot alone has me drooling. & that clip on earring is insane--I'd take it a part & use all the pieces for other jewelry. Too, too cool.

DiamondHurts said...

wooowww how fun!! awesome pics... :)

Stephanie Shorr said...

i love the postof erika kurihara below this!!

Angela said...

sounds like you gals had loads of fun. i love erika kurihara's style, esp the first outfit.

Noormol said...

ooooh! ever since I started reading your blog I've wanted to make another trip to atlanta! I haven't been in a really long time :( and now with this antique mall I feel I must go!

thanks for linking me :)

kittenmasks said...

God, this is my third time coming back to this post. I couldn't reply the first two times because I was so insanely jealous!!!! I LURVE EDDIE!!! I was rooting for him in Top Design and was sooooo sad when he left. I seriously almost cried. Maybe this is because I'm such a sucker for high maintenance gays... (omg, he was such a diva - love it!) Also check your email, I sent you something (or am in the process of sending you an email)!!

PrincessImp. said...

those clip-on earrings are something!
I wish there were more places like the antique market in the area where I am!

Unknown said...

how fun!!!

I bet that place was just FILLED with fab finds ....oooh, wish I was there!

Unknown said...

ooh how fun!! i hope cath is feeling better!!

paanie said...

cute pics! i hope you feel better cath.

Mrs. M. said...

How cool! He seems like he'd be a really sweet person.

Bobble Bee said...

oh my !!! i LOOOVE that christmas-tree earring :D