Saturday, February 2, 2008

Necklaces

I usually try to keep my jewelry collection very sparse. If I have more than 30 pieces, I start loosing track of what I have and half the items go unworn for months. That being said, since the start of the new year, I've acquired two new necklaces.

Lauren and I each purchased the letter necklaces below from Vivid Boutique in Decatur. They're a lot more elegant than the name necklaces that Carrie Bradshaw brought back in style a few years ago and they're handmade by the shop owner. Best of all, one necklace only costs around $40.


Lauren recently made a trip over to Urban Outfitters. They're having a huge sale and she bought these two necklaces (one for me and one for her) for $2 each. They were both originally $24.

I love the asymmetry of this necklace. The dangling black chains are meant to be worn off-center. (I purchased the bird pin at a local boutique a few years ago for $8).


This is the necklace Lauren bought for herself. It's very delicate and a little punk-y at the same time. Urban Outfitters also wraps everything in this graph tissue paper, which is like the icing on the cake of the whole purchase - two great necklaces and some cheeky tissue paper all costing no more than $5.


CL

10 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the bird pin and wearing it on to a necklace is so elegant.

kokostiletto said...

$2 each??? That's CRAZY!!

L.I.N said...

agree. $2 for such delicate necklaces? wow.

Lynn said...

too bad we don't have UO here. Beautiful collection girls!

AsianCajuns said...

Jen, we'll get right on it. There's so many great fashion blogs that it will be hard to choose!

Wendy, I hadn't even thought about combining the two until I took that photo.

Bitterbabe, yeah, visit your nearest UO now!

Eleh, that's exactly what I thought. They're such great finds.

Lynn, does UO ship to you?

Alya said...

Pretty! Ur right about the graph paper, so cheeky cool!

AsianCajuns said...

Pomegranate, I wonder how they come up with this stuff!

Nicole Then said...

cute necklaces :)

Anonymous said...

I love the C and L necklaces!

KY

AsianCajuns said...

KY, I wear my C necklace all the time!