Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Exercising in the Movies, Shopping in Atlanta


Movies always seem to inspire me - especially with clothing. Shallow? Maybe. I wouldn't have it any other way. For example, I'm on an exercise kick at the moment; taking classes at Dance 101, lifting weights every other day and working my way up to the full hour of Rodney Yee's Power Yoga DVD. To keep myself motivated, I try to put together some nice, vintage-y exercise outfits (worn with a healthy amount of irony, mind you). Finding good workout wear is pretty easy in Atlanta. Here are some of my favorite sources:


Wish in L5P has some lovely footwear. Things can get pretty pricey here, but the modern, bright interior is well worth the trip.


American Apparel is a great store for comfortable clothing and Atlanta has three locations: Tech, Lenox and L5P. The one in L5P is my favorite because it's so spacious and located right up the street from Arden's Garden.


There is a Y-3 Adidas store in Lenox mall and it's lovely, but expensive. Also, the store has a high turnaround rate, so if you see something you like, you better buy it then and there because the designs never come back.


Deka Athletics just recently opened up on Pharr Rd. I haven't visited the store yet, but I've heard good things. Word on the street is you can find Stella McCartney for Adidas and Christy Turlington's Puma Nuala line.

No comments: