Monday, March 17, 2008

The Sartorialist in New Delhi


I know any self-respecting fashionista out there regularly checks The Sartorialist- he of the amazing "eye." I love almost every single photograph on the blog. To me he is the "great equalizer." You see the same sense of humanity and beauty in his photograph of a house painter as you see in an image of Carine Roitfeld. I found this photograph particularly inspiring because she isn't trendy and looks stunning. I'm a definite culprit of trendy dressing (hellooo Urban Outfitters and AA), but I've always admired people who wear what they want and dress for their body and their personality... they always look more at ease.

LL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw that photo already and i agree with you: she looks completly stunning!

Even when she´s wearing regular pieces of clothes (flats/black dress) her attitude do all the work for her!

Alya said...

i know! i absolutely admire people who create their own looks and look around for inspiration and not for imitation.

June Shin said...

I love the Sartorialist. The photo is great and the subject is so chic.

Ace said...

I adore the Sartorialist. I'm always amazed by both his subjects and photography.

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

the Sartorialist and Face hunter are the best eyes in the street style univers

such an inspiration for all of us.

great taste yours

kamel LAHMADI
street style romancer in Paris

Sally Jane Vintage said...

I agree! That is the difference between fashion and style.